How do I set up an Exchange mailbox in Outlook 2010?
There are two ways to set up an Exchange account, automatically and manually. We recommend trying the automated method first:
1) Ensure that Outlook is closed, or you will not be able to add an account.
2) From the Start Menu go to your control panel.
3) Select 'Mail'.
4) Select 'E-mail Accounts'.
5) Under the 'E-mail' tab select 'New'.
6) Select' E-mail Account' then 'Next'.
7) Here you should enter your name,, email address, and mailbox password.
If this is not successful, or if your PC is currently joined to a domain, you can take the following steps to set up the mailbox manually:
1) Again, you'll need to set this up via the 'Mail' section of your control panel.
2) Select 'Add New Account'.
3) Select 'Manually Configure Server Settings'.
4) Select' Microsoft Exchange'.
5) Under 'Server' enter 'outlook.exchange-outitgoes.com' and under 'User Name' 'email@example.com'
6) Under 'More Settings' go to the 'Connection' tab and tick 'Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP'.
7) Select 'Exchange Proxy Settings'.
8) In the 'URL' field enter 'exchange.outitgoes.com' and under 'Proxy authentication settings' select 'NTLM Authentication'.
How do I set up an Exchange mailbox in Outlook 2011 (Mac)?
Outlook 2011 has full support for automated setup, so configuring your mailbox is very simple:
1) Open Outlook. If this is your first time running the software, a "Welcome to Outlook" screen will be displayed. Select "Add Account" and go to step 4, otherwise go to step 2.
2) Select "Outlook" from the menubar, and select the "Preferences" option.
3) Select "Accounts".
4) Select "Exchange Account".
5) Enter the following into the visible fields:
E-mail address: Your Exchange mailbox address.
Method: User Name and Password.
User Name: Your Exchange mailbox address.
Password: Your mailbox password.
Leave "Configure automatically" ticked.
6) Select 'Add Account'.
7) Outlook will then attempt to automatically detect your mailbox settings. During detection, a message should pop up informing you that "Outlook was redirected to the server 'Exchange.outitgoes.com to get new settings" - tick 'Always use my response for this server' and select "Allow".
If automated setup doesn't work, complete steps 1-5 as above, but untick "configure automatically".
6) In the "Server" field, enter https://exchange.outitgoes.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
7) Select "Add Account".
8) Select "Advanced"
9) In the "Server" Tab, set the following:
Microsoft Exchange Server: https://exchange.outitgoes.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx : 443
Use SSL to connect - ticked
Directory Service Server: EXCHDC2.exchange-outitgoes.com : 3268
Log in with my Exchange account credentials - ticked